A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Gareth, Wrington, Somerset

I too have suffered from persistent, debilitating cough for a number of years and have had the same experience of useless remedy after useless remedy, until I was referred to Professor Morice at Hull University Hospital. After another series of tests, which indicated acid reflux as the cause, and failed remedies including all sorts of ant-acids, it was found that relatively small doses of morphine (much smaller than the dope fiend or medical dosage) alleviated the symptoms to a considerable degree. Unfortunately, the condition continues to worsen, so I have to increase the dose from time to time, but I have considerably improved the overall level of cough, greatly reducing the frequency of bouts. It hasn't cured the condition, but it has dramatically improved my ability to function on a day to day basis.

No comments:

 
Top Blogs