A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Alison, Cannock

I also have a persistent cough that started after the birth of my daughter in 1993 and I've never stopped since. I've visited 2 hospitals, seen 2 consultants, had lung function tests, allergy tests, had a broncoscopy, been given countless inhalers and had a camera up my nose into the back of my throat - and no one can tell me why I cough.

I cannot tell you how embarrassing this problem is at times. It really does affect your quality of life - if I'm in a bad phase I can't visit the cinema or theatre and a restaurant is out of the question. I would give much to not cough anymore. Not only is it embarrassing - it's painful as well as my throat and chest muscles become very sore at times.

I don't smoke and I never have but I often get stopped by complete strangers in the street who say to me "you should stop smoking".

If you have the time, I would be so grateful if you could put me in touch with someone who can help me.

1 comment:

Carl said...

Hi Alison...
Have you or your fellow sufferers ever tried "Bio Resonance Body Energy Balancing"?
It's a natural alternative therapy that has cured dozens of ailments. I have a colleague who is interested in working with people like yourself and he will even offer a GUARANTEE... If there's no difference after your first session you don't pay...
You can find out more by sending me an email and I'll put you in contact with him cbenbow@blueyonder.co.uk

 
Top Blogs