A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Medical worker, NY

Coughing is caused by a part of our brain when it is stimulated. Vomiting is also caused when the vomiting center of our brain gets a signal from our body. Certain medications for High Blood Pressure have "cough" as a side effect. Most of these drugs are in the Ace Inhibitor class of drugs. I had a steady cough for almost 2 years. No medications helped. Finally a respiratory therapist told me I needed pleural therapy on my back. The therapist would cup their hands and hit my back for about an hour, until the irritating things in my lungs started to come up. I went to this therapy 3 times a week for about a month. After each treatment, so much material came out of my lungs and throat. Once it was out, I began to clear up.

No comments:

 
Top Blogs