A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Anne, Norfolk

I read with great interest an article in the newspaper the other day about you and your persistant cough which has been going on for 13 years; I have a cough albeit only for 7 months and I was beginning to think it was all in my head, but this article made me realise that it couldn't be, then it hit me how long you had had yours - well if I knew how to do it I would go into deep depression! but then I thought I would write you a letter to say thank you. So far I have had the antihistamines, 2 different asthma sprays, a chest x-ray and am now on the antacids and next week I am about to have a C.T. scan which will also be totally clear but if they wish to spend money on me I'm not one to complain, my only worry is how on earth am I going to keep perfectly still for however long it takes to do the scan when I have to cough.
What I am actually writing all this screed for is that I understand that you are going to Wythenshaw to partake in a research programme and I was wondering if they came up with an answer if it was possible that you could tell me what it is so that I can get back to a normal life.
My theory on this cough is that a nerve has got irritated and if they could give me something to deaden the nerve it would be cured.

No comments:

 
Top Blogs