A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Dympna, Essex

I read about you in the daily mail with great interest. I have had a similar
problem for over 10 years and I had just given up smoking as well. I did
cough when I smoked but thought the smoke was the reason. Anyway over the
years I have tried everything too, but I never knew about chewing gum. It
is not something I enjoy but would do anything for relief.
I had a fundoplication operation on my stomach to see if gastric reflux was
the cause but to no avail either. I travelled to Hull from Essex regularly
to see Prof. Alyn Morice who is googleable and has written an interesting
paper on cough. My problem remains unresolved. Any suggestions, short of chopping my head off, would be helpful.



No comments:

 
Top Blogs