A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Geraldine, UK

I read your article about the unfortunate man who has had a cough for 13 years with interest. I'm 60 and have had the same since March this year, which I thought bad enough! I too have had various tests which show nothing. It is very debilitating and can be dangerous, I have had to pull
on to the motorway hard shoulder because of an attack and until recently could not have contemplated going to the theatre or concert - until...

I took an old fashioned remedy called Collis Browns Mixture, usually sold for mild stomach upsets (which is why I took it) and found quite a small dose will quell my cough for several hours - it's wonderful! (though haven't discussed it with my doctor yet, afraid he will tell me it doesnt go with my blood pressure pills or something!). The stuff can be bought from the dispensing section of most chemists.

No comments:

 
Top Blogs