A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Annie, UK

I have worked fairly extensively with homeopathy and herbalism over the past 20 years and use many of the plants which grow naturally here, as well as ordering from a good herbal suppliers when necessary. I have treated family (I have 5 children, now in their teens and twenties) and friends and my horses (I have 10 here at present), cats and dogs.

Whilst there many reasons for persistent coughing, and assuming that a full medical check has been carried out,there a several simple herbal remedies that Mr Peake could try. A tea made of plantain (the weed which grows on lawns and wild all over the countryside) and thyme is especially beneficial. I usually add honey and lemon or lime to taste. I am sure that Mr Peake has kept a record of when the cough is at it's worst - and if he finds that it is especially irritating from spring to late autumn, he could do worse than take 'Pollena', a homeopathic remedy available in pharmacies and some supermarkets. People are often unaware that hay-fever can occur from the appearance of the first leaf in spring , to the disappearance of the last in the autumn.

The mixture I have described can be dried and used throughout the winter months. In addition taking echinacea daily, or better still a herbal 'antibiotic' should ultimately bring total relief.

No comments:

 
Top Blogs