A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Kay, UK

I had a persistent cough in the throat which went on for several years. My doctor thought it was due to dry cough asthma and I was put on inhalers. However, the cough persisted and my sister suggested it might be due to stomach acid which could cause problems in the throat. I was not aware of a particular problem with acid but did bring back acid after eating certain spicy foods etc. For 3 days I ate a bland diet and the difference was remarkable. I mentioned this to my doctor and she put me on a course of Omeprazole and my cough almost disappeared. I had tests done at the hospital and this showed acid problems. I am now on a regular low dose of Omeprazole and I have no further problems with a persistent tickly cough. If you haven't tried this I would definitely recommend it.

1 comment:

NickP said...

I've taken lots of anti-reflux medicines and they've not worked, but there's no doubt they do for some people.

 
Top Blogs