A forum for people who suffer from chronic or persistent coughs to share ideas... these don't have any sort of official approval so you try any of them out at your own risk. I've consigned some of the more unusual ones I received to the Oddities bin on the left. I've also listed very simple remedies separately. If you're a sufferer, good luck, and please report back by commenting on the particular posting if you find success. Or just comment to the most recent posting and I will pick it up.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Jill, Bradford

I read the article about your constant coughing in the Daily Express and it certainly rang a bell with me. Ironically I also stopped smoking 16 years ago and prior to that I didn't cough. When I stopped smoking I started coughing all the time as I felt that I had phlegm in my through and just had to keep coughing, and a minute later it was just as bad. This was excessive for about 5 years, and very embarrassing. I went to my doctor who explained that it was the effects of stopping smoking, and that it was the body's way of cleansing the lungs, and that there was really nothing I could do about it. It got a little better as time went on, but 16 years after stopping smoking I still get days when I cough a lot.
Just thought that I would write to you in sympathy. Hope that it gets
better as time goes on.

No comments:

 
Top Blogs